As per New York State guidelines regarding work restrictions; The Steel Supply Company will continue to operate as part of the Construction and Essential Infrastructure Industries exemption. We are working diligently to maintain our usual prompt manufacturing and shipping time frames during this period.
Hours of Operation remain as 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST) Monday to Friday
To help protect our staff, their families, our customers and out of respect for everyone affected by this crisis we have taken the follow steps:
- All persons capable of working from home will do so until further notice. These employees all have remote access and can serve your needs in the same manner as when they are in the building.
- Beginning November 19 and continuing until November 30, 2020, the staff at the office and factory is working on a reduced headcount in the building to limit interaction between members. We will continue to function this way unless otherwise instructed by New York State. The Sales and Customer Service people can provide information about any expected Manufacturing and Shipping timeframes.
- All commonly occupied areas are cleaned and commonly touched surfaces are wiped with disinfectant several times each day.
- For deliveries and pick-ups we ask anyone coming to the building to wait outside. Call us when you get here and someone will help you.
- Due to the multi-state travel restrictions and customer’s hesitation about having people into their buildings we are postponing all in person sales calls, again until instructed by the respective states to resume normal activity.
We are also working closely with the trucking lines to be sure orders shipped will continue until delivered. UPS, FedEx and most Common Carriers are running as usual. If necessary and practical our vehicles are available for critical deliveries.
Obviously this is a fluid situation. We will continue to monitor and adjust our operation with the primary concern being safety.
As always, we thank you for your support and extend our sincere best wishes for everyone and hope this crisis passes quickly.